Saturday, August 31, 2013

Alexandria

  

                                           Alexandria

  When  looking at you
                        On foggy mornings or gloomy nights
                             At the distance from the sea
                                Your two mosque towers...
                                    Call out to me.

               When you come like the wind
                     Blowing gentle the sails of my ship,
                         When you talk and when you walk,
                             I am a sailor who calls you home.

               When your aroma and your voices
               a multitude of multitudes singing
               Atop a minaret praying salat
               Wrapped in the blanket of our own sharia

                                         ...I wish I could walk your streets
                                                                                    ... Alexandria.

No comments:

Post a Comment